Friday 24 April 2015

STATEMENT


SECTION ONE – Your Final Major Project (guide 150 words)
What is the title of your Project? What will you work towards producing and what is your proposed end point? Explain how this relates to your work and ideas from the Pathway Stage and how it extends your knowledge, understanding and creative ability.

The title of my project is “Expectations”. My work will look at how stereotypical gender roles have affected society and relationships. I will work towards producing a piece of work that expresses my feelings from all the information and research I have found. In the pathway stage I looked into the 1950’s and how women became more sexualised, which got me thinking about how life was for women. With this and other previous work I've looked into, such as feminist artists I can develop the theme for my FMP.






SECTION TWO – Influences, Research, Sources and Ideas (guide 150 words)
What are the influences, starting points and contextual references and why are they relevant to your ideas? Indicate the subject areas you intend to research and the likely sources of information including any museums, specific locations, performances, etc you plan to visit. However you should not make extensive lists in this section. Instead you should compile an accurate bibliography correctly acknowledging all references including texts, periodicals, websites and video/DVD’s etc. Enter your bibliography in the APPENDIX .  

To start of my FMP I will look into the history of gender roles and what different cultures and religions believe in. I will be interviewing a range of people of different genders, ethnicity's and sexuality's and asking them how they feel about gender roles. Influences such as Sarah Maple, Sarah Lucas, Allen Jones and the public will play a part in my work. My final piece will be in 3D form, whether it will be a sculpture or installation is not finalized yet. I plan on making visits to galleries and museums such as Harley gallery, Tate museums and any relevant exhibitions. 







SECTION THREE – Techniques, Processes and Timescale (guide 150 words)
Refer to any techniques and processes you intend to use. Describe the range of media and materials relevant to your project and how you may use them to explore and develop your ideas. Include aspects of studio practice, workshop procedures or the use of particular equipment and software etc. Provide an indicative timescale for your project and indicate the manner in which you intend to divide your time in order to investigate, develop, produce and evaluate your project appropriately. This should be a meaningful plan to you and should be personalized to your project. You may wish to write your plan as a daily or weekly schedule in which case enter your timescale in the APPENDIX .  

I intend to do a lot of research before starting to think about what my final project will look like. Materials I am thinking of using is found materials such as old toys, recycled materials etc. I have previously used found and recycled materials which I found enjoyable. I like using these materials as I like the fact of being able to use something old to create something new. Also I will look into my influences work and examine the materials they use and why they use them, this may give me inspiration to use try out new materials and techniques. I have to be strict with myself and make sure I spend enough time researching so I have a strong piece of work.







SECTION FOUR –  Method of Evaluation (guide 50 words)


How will you critically review and analyse your work and determine if it is successful? How will you identify directions for ongoing development? Do you have a method to record the critical response to your ideas? How do you propose to assess the success of your Final Major Project and what will be your methods of evaluation? Unit 9 requires you to produce a supporting statement at the end of your project. This section can inform your analysis.

I will be asking fellow students to criticize and give their opinions during the process. Throughout this project I want to make sure I'm recording my thoughts about my ideas, either by blogger, video or voice recording. This technique will clear my head from my thoughts and release any negative energy I have.



Grand Designs: Series 6, Episode 19. (2009). Channel 4: 23 June. 19.00hrs.

Reggie Yates' Extreme Russia- 2. Gay & Under Attack. (2015). BBC Three: 20 April. 21:00hrs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05rkq85

Sex and the church- 1. Pleasure To Sin. (2015). BBC Two: 10 April. 21:00hrs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05ql6hf

Sex and the church- 2.Sexual Revolution. (2015). BBC Two: 17 April. 21:00hrs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05r6dkq

Sex and the church- 3. Christianity v The West. (2015). BBC Two: 24 April. 21:00hrs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05s7w9f/sex-and-the-church-3-christianity-v-the-west

Sydney McClary: Sexism and Gender Stereotypes, Spring 2013
https://www.indstate.edu/diversity/docs/Sexism%20and%20Gender%20Stereotypes%20Final1.pdf










No comments:

Post a Comment