Friday 7 November 2014

IS THIS OK?!?!!!!!!!



My composition

'Is this ok?'

After we had finished our group composition we had been told to paint our own composition by picking out parts of our old paintings which we used for the group composition. I started sketching out ideas for my composition I mainly used simple shapes out of the paintings. Before the end of our day at college we had been told to research into rules of composition. Over the weekend I researched into the rules. At first I found some of the rules confusing to understand. The next week at college we began trial painting our compositions. As I was unsure and still confused about the rules of composition I chose to do a symmetrical design. My trail of the composition wasn't going the way I planned and I was getting frustrated with my work. I ended up using a quarter of the canvas and did a mini composition. In the end I thought my mini composition looked alright and was pretty pleased with it. 

Over the weekend I looked more into composition and read up about the rules of the golden ratio. Searching the web I found a site which helped me understand on how to draw the golden ratio. The formula for the golden ratio confused me but there was a Video which helped me with understanding it. After my long weekend I came back to college with a better understanding of composition rules. For my final composition I thought I would include the golden ratio but still sticking with the idea of having a symmetrical composition. Whilst I was plotting the composition out I decided I would over use the golden ratio. I decided to do this in a way of getting out my anger over the rules and to make a joke about it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment