Thursday 6 November 2014

The Hub Designs


The Hub- Final Designs 



This design to left is one of my favorite designs I have created for The Hub. How I came up with this design was purely an accident. I was changing the colors of another one of my designs to try figure out which colors worked best or my design and I had the fill color on instead of the outline color. I loved the fact the color's opacity was 50% so that you could see the color nicely but it wasn't blocked. I thought this would be brilliant for the window as it would make the room more open and not private. Also I like the way the the colors merge and get darker. I think the typography on the logo could look better if I find the right font for this design.

Here is another design of mine that is one of my favorites. This design is quite a natural looking design, the colors are quite earthy and the atom looks fluent which I think work well together. Why I chose to use an atom for a logo is to represent The Hub to represent the energy within the room. The only problem I have with using the atom is that it looks like something you would see in a science class and I don't want it to give the wrong image off. I'm not too sure about the typography on this design, most of me thinks it looks great but there's a little part of me saying it's not the right one for this design. I decided to turn the atoms opacity to 50% also with the other designs for the reason I stated before. What I could of possibly done with this design is added some form of wheel within the atom to show it's core energy and development.  Overall I am pleased with design and think I could improve it with a few little tweaks.


To the left is one of the first decent designs I made. This design is a really simple all I did was use the oval shape tool to create the background for the typography to sit in. I already had the typography designed so it was simple to put this together. The colors and shapes don't really have no representation unlike the other designs. Even though it has no representation to what The Hub is about I actually really like this design as it's simple, the colors work well together and it's not over powering.



This design was second decent design that I have produced. Like the design I just described this design was made by using the oval tool to create the background for the logo name and I used the same typography as the previous design. This isn't one of my favorite designs as I think there could be more brighter colors involved.




Here is the last of my final designs for The Hub this is one of my favorite three designs. This is similar the the second design I described as the only thing different is the typography that is on the logo. The reason I have similar designs is I keep all my design ideas on one page and mix and match my designs to see what works well. Doing this helps me finalize idea's and come up with more idea's. Yet again I think the typography should be different with this background design, I'm not sure why I'm not keen on the typography there's just something nagging at me saying it's not right. I wish to go back to these designs and play around with typography and figure out what I'm going wrong with.

No comments:

Post a Comment