Thursday 8 January 2015

IDEAS *FOLK ART*

Idea 1

Arboles de la Vida
I have came up with the idea of turning the tree of life into a story that would appear in a mummers play. Usually the tree's are made of clay but I want to try and use recycled materials such as clothes, toys, containers and whatever objects I find which will fit into the story. With me using any materials I find my art will become an contemporary expression of folk art. My idea has been influenced by Oscar Soteno Elias' 'Tree of life'. When I first saw Oscar's 'Tree of life' I thought it was made out of plastic toys as they were do brightly colored and looked quite cartoon like.



Idea 2

Another one of my ideas is too create something along the lines of the tree of life. I want to basically come up with something I can make out of recyclable materials which relates/translates too penis/vagina but not necessarily in such an obvious way. For an example flowers remind me off vagina's for a few reasons so I could use flowers to represent the vagina or I could go a little bit more deeper into the flowers and use orchid's to represent the penis and originally orchid translated too penis.


Idea 3

My artwork usually adapts from something which happens everywhere around the world. Within my work I show my response and feelings towards the subject. Often I over exaggerate my work to take the piss.





No comments:

Post a Comment