Tuesday 6 May 2014

FMP Experiments with wax

Experimentation with wax. 

I started of my FMP by playing with wax. As I started looking at flesh art work I thought wax would be a good material to use and you can make wax to your shape and feel. 
I used the sink to pour in the wax and run the tap before it dried to create a rippled affect. Also as the tap was running I poured wax into the water to create a tower of wax. I used skin like colours at first to see if I could create gruesome skin. I really like how you can control where about you was ripples and holes in the wax when pouring the water on. Also I really like working with wax as you can add coloured crayons to change colour. 

I also tried only melting the wax balls a little so they would attach to each other. I did this to try to create lumps and bumps like the inside of body. 


  





Wax artists:

http://www.madametussauds.com/london/about/sculptorsblog/default.aspx







No comments:

Post a Comment