Saturday 7 June 2014

Influences

Influences 

I have been looking at artists that work relates to what I am aiming for. But before I found more inspiring artists I started out just experimenting with warning signs off unhealthy foods. Such as a dynamite heart to represent a heart attack. 


Ben Frost 

From the comic book heroes and cartoon characters of our childhood to famed art piece reproductions, these painted french fry containers by Australian artist Ben Frost pay homage to pop culture iconography.

Whether featuring Batman, Bart Simpson or an iconic image by American pop artist Roy Lichtenstein, this variety of packaging containers from fast food chain McDonalds enforce the retailer's own iconic status as one of these cultural icons.

Exploring the relationship between capitalism and pop culture culture, Ben Frost celebrates familiar subjects that are a household name to a majority of individuals. The artist uses McDonald's french fry containers as his canvas thanks to the retailer's international popularity, corporate longevity and iconic cultural status that can be recognized by a multitude of past, present and future generations.


Why I like Ben Frosts work is he sometimes uses well known cartoon characters and uses packaging to relate the character and packaging together. I have been trying to work out what characters or maybe even just simple well known symbols could represent a pizza box. I've been looking into the devil as everything that is good also has it's bad side. 



































Dallas Farmers

Processed foods usually aren't the best for your health, but these Dallas Farmers Market print ads transform fast food favourites into alternative fresh produce options.

Created by agency Firehouse in the United States, the campaign includes four different images including a burger, fries, ice cream cone and bag of candy. Transforming the burger from a fatty piece of beef into a plump tomato and mushroom combination while the carton of greasy french fries is turned into carrots, peppers and beans, the Dallas Farmers Market ads will instantly change your opinion on what can be considered fresh, healthy and delicious. The use of pops of bright colors within the ads ties together the whole fresh theme.

The Dallas Farmers Market ads may just convince you to try something other than what you can grab at your local McDonalds.



I came across some healthy eating ads and I thought it tied in well to what I was thinking about doing at the beginning of my fmp. These photographs have gave me ideas towards what I could do with the pizza boxes. It gave me the idea of replacing a pizza with healthy substitutes inside the box. This also ties in with my idea of a blank pizza box as no one really cares what's on the box, they just want the pizza. I don't know whether there even needs to be any design or anything in the box. Maybe the whole point of me doing this had just came back to no one really cares. 











No comments:

Post a Comment